Filmworld
Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) does not expect a return to 'Star Wars'
Los Angeles, May 28
Mark Hamill has no expectations about returning to 'Star Wars'. Although the 71-year-old actor's alter-ego Luke Skywalker died in Rian Johnson's 2017 movie 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi', he appeared as a Force ghost in J.J. Abrams' 2019 movie 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker'.
However, Mark doesn't expect to appear in any upcoming sequels, reports Female First UK.
He told The Hollywood Reporter, "I don't have any expectations of that happening. And, he admitted he was emotional during the scene in 'The Last Jedi' where Luke and R2 watched his Jedi temple burn."
He said: "Well, the whole thing was emotional, because when I read [Episode] VIII, I knew it was over. So I was relishing every moment, but also saying goodbye to all those people that I had associated with over the years. So I still miss them."
As per Female First UK, Mark's comments come after Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy recently revealed that three new movies are in the works.
Meanwhile, Mark previously admitted that he often went months without speaking to Carrie Fisher after "big arguments."
The actor opened up about his "tumultuous relationship" with his 'Star Wars' co-star - who died in 2016 at the age of 60 - revealing they were often loving and supporting but they also had explosive rows which led to long periods of silence between the pair.
44 minutes ago
Jesse Jackson, civil rights titan, dies at 84
11 hours ago
Shabana Azmi reflects on her iconic 'flower-in-hair' style in 1982 throwback post, says 'position has changed'
11 hours ago
Huma Qureshi hails Rajkummar Rao ‘one of the most committed actors of our times’
11 hours ago
Karisma Kapoor 'honoured' to be a part of a round table attended by Queen of Jordan
11 hours ago
Mrunal Thakur talks about the biggest challenge for love in modern times
11 hours ago
Nayanthara on winning State Awards: "Truly blessed"
11 hours ago
Shilpa Shirodkar visits Chinese temple in Mumbai, extends New Year wishes
12 hours ago
Trademark infringement suit: US AI company Anthropic PBC fails to appear, Karnataka court issues fresh notice
12 hours ago
Young man dragged for kms by Mercedes in Ranchi, Jharkhand HC lawyer detained
12 hours ago
Pahalgam attack victim’s daughter vents frustration, recounts struggle in claiming promised govt job
12 hours ago
HC cancels Nava Kerala survey, setback for Vijayan govt
12 hours ago
Bengaluru: Actress alleges secret video recording during Celebrity Cricket Tournament; FIR lodged
12 hours ago
UP Assembly: Cong protests on MGNREGA issue, SP calls out SIR process
