America
Global opinion of China, under Chairman Xi Jinping, has shifted and become more negative, according to a Washington-based think tank.
New York [US], October 1
The UN Security Council (UNSC) strongly condemned Friday's terrorist attack against the Kaaj Educational Centre in Kabul as it reaffirmed the right to education for all Afghans and its contribution to the achievement of peace and security.
The attack, which follows many recent attacks against civilians and civilian infrastructure across Afghanistan, including in religious minority communities, resulted in the death and injury of 60 plus people, many of whom were students. In a statement, the members of the Security Council condemned in the strongest terms the horrendous terrorist attack against the Kaaj Educational Centre in the Dasht-e-Barchi area of Kabul on September 30.
The members of the Security Council expressed their deepest sympathy and condolences to the victims' families, and they wished a speedy and full recovery to those injured.
"The members of the Security Council reaffirmed the right to education for all Afghans and its contribution to the achievement of peace and security. They expressed grave concern about the significant implications of attacks against schools on the safety of students and their ability to enjoy their right to education," the UNSC statement read.
The members of the Security Council reaffirmed that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security.
The members of the Security Council underlined the need to hold perpetrators, organizers, financiers and sponsors of these reprehensible acts of terrorism accountable and bring them to justice.
They urged all States, in accordance with their obligations under international law and relevant Security Council resolutions, to cooperate actively with all relevant authorities.
The members of the Security Council reiterated that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable, regardless of their motivation, wherever, whenever and by whomsoever committed.
They reaffirmed the need for all states to combat by all means, in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations and other obligations under international law, including international human rights law, international refugee law and international humanitarian law, threats to international peace and security caused by terrorist acts.
This series of blasts come as the Taliban completed one year of its rule in Afghanistan following the ouster of the US-backed civilian government last year. Rights groups said the Taliban had broken multiple pledges to respect human and women's rights.
After capturing Kabul in August last year, the Islamic authorities imposed severe restrictions on women's and girls' rights, suppressed the media, and arbitrarily detained, tortured, and summarily executed critics and perceived opponents.
6 hours ago
Shabana Azmi reflects on her iconic 'flower-in-hair' style in 1982 throwback post, says 'position has changed'
6 hours ago
Huma Qureshi hails Rajkummar Rao ‘one of the most committed actors of our times’
6 hours ago
Karisma Kapoor 'honoured' to be a part of a round table attended by Queen of Jordan
6 hours ago
Mrunal Thakur talks about the biggest challenge for love in modern times
6 hours ago
Nayanthara on winning State Awards: "Truly blessed"
6 hours ago
Shilpa Shirodkar visits Chinese temple in Mumbai, extends New Year wishes
7 hours ago
Trademark infringement suit: US AI company Anthropic PBC fails to appear, Karnataka court issues fresh notice
7 hours ago
Young man dragged for kms by Mercedes in Ranchi, Jharkhand HC lawyer detained
7 hours ago
Pahalgam attack victim’s daughter vents frustration, recounts struggle in claiming promised govt job
7 hours ago
HC cancels Nava Kerala survey, setback for Vijayan govt
7 hours ago
Bengaluru: Actress alleges secret video recording during Celebrity Cricket Tournament; FIR lodged
7 hours ago
UP Assembly: Cong protests on MGNREGA issue, SP calls out SIR process
7 hours ago
Hyderabad Police Commissioner dismisses viral message about woman luring children as fake
