America
McDonald's worker shot in spat over cold french fries dies
New York, Aug 6
A McDonald's worker in New York's Brooklyn who was shot point-blank in a spat over cold french fries has died, police said.
Following the Monday night shooting, Matthew Webb, 23, had been on life support at Brookdale Hospital and died on Friday, reports dpa news agency citing the police as saying.
The suspect, Michael Morgan, 20, accused of shooting the fast-food worker in the face because he was mad about how the restaurant handled his mother's fry order, is expected to be charged with murder.
"The people are anticipating homicide charges in this case, given the victim is currently on life support," Assistant District Attorney Luis Paternina said at Morgan's Thursday arraignment, apparently unaware Webb had already died.
"So, essentially, the victim's family is waiting to make a difficult decision about taking the victim off life support."
Morgan, 20, was initially charged with attempted murder in Webb's shooting, and with murder, for a 2020 shooting he confessed to after his arrest, authorities said.
Morgan tried to cover up his most recent crime, disposing of evidence that included the clothes he wore when pulling the trigger, Paternina charged.
The shooting happened when Morgan showed up the McDonald's on Fulton St. in Bedford-Stuyvesant after hearing his mother's complaints about cold fries during a FaceTime chat between the two, according to authorities.
Video surveillance showed Morgan punching Webb in the face, knocking the worker to the ground before pulling the weapon and pumping a bullet into the victim's neck on the sidewalk outside the McDonald's, authorities said.
Morgan admitted to getting the gun from a friend in his apartment building, Paternina said.
Parternina said Morgan's girlfriend, 18-year-old Camellia Dunlap, admitted in a videotaped interview to handing him the weapon.
Dunlap was arrested alongside Morgan inside the accused shooter's home.
"She was holding the gun for him," said Paternina.
Dunlap, who was charged with felony weapon possession, was ordered held on $50,000 cash bail.
The previous murder that Morgan confessed to occurred on October 21, 2020, just six blocks from the McDonald's where he shot Webb.
The victim Kevin Holloman, 28, was however not Morgan's intended target, the prosecutor said.
9 hours ago
Tamil Nadu native enters Washington DC Mayor race
14 hours ago
SC sets aside controversial Allahabad HC ruling on rape attempt, moots guidelines to 'infuse sensitivity' in judicial handling of sexual offence cases
15 hours ago
Joan Collins celebrates 24 years of marriage with Percy Gibson marking her longest relationship
15 hours ago
Anupama Parameswaran to headline director Shaan's psychological thriller!
15 hours ago
Chiranjeevi calls wife Surekha the 'nucleus of our family' in a heartfelt birthday post
15 hours ago
Anupama Parameswaran's look as Keerthi in 'Crazy Kalyanam' released
15 hours ago
Suriya, Jyothika compliment Riya Shibu for Sarvam Maya; actress says she is 'over the moon'
15 hours ago
Nivin Pauly's 'Prathichaya' trailer promises gripping political thriller
15 hours ago
Zendaya talks about her, fiance Tom Holland's differing opinions on Robert Pattinson
15 hours ago
Margot Robbie: I haven't gone to university
15 hours ago
Amitabh Bachchan pens cryptic note on ‘thinking too much’
15 hours ago
Priya Prakash Varrier: The way Ajith Kumar sir chases excellence is inspiring!
16 hours ago
Jaffer Sadiq tells Rajinikanth: Every moment spent with you turns into a beautiful memory I cherish forever!
